- Teen Book Club
- Teen Advisory Board
- Great Places for Great Books
- Homework Help Resources
- College & Career Resources
- Talk to Us!
- Summer Reading
- Reading Fool Blog
Location & Contact
2407 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Mon, Tue, Thu 9am-9pm
Fri 9am-6pm | Sat 9am-5pm
(Closed Sun, mid-May – Labor Day)
How the 2014 Teen Summer Reading Program Worked
- You may record books you read after your school year ended.
- You may count audiobooks and up to five graphic novels.
- Books recorded should be appropriate to your age and reading ability.
Register online by clicking on this “Teens: Spark a Reaction” link beginning June 18.
- Each time you finish a book, log it online. The program will tell you when you have earned a prize.
- Prize levels:
Your name included in the weekly gift card drawing
Pick a new or gently-used book to bring home to keep
Entry in the drawing to receive one of three Kindle Fires
- Prize pickup: Visit the library's Reference Desk.
- Bonus prize: Five names will be drawn each week to win a $10 gift card. Choices may include: Barnes & Noble, Cinemark Movie Theater, Five Guys, iTunes, Munson’s, Panera, or Sweet Frogs; awarded on a first-come, first-chosen basis.
- Beginning July 30, participants who have recorded at least five books may use any combination of the following to count for a maximum of three (3) books:
- Participation in a Teen program (1=1 book; maximum of 3)
- Volunteering in the Children’s Department (1=1 book; maximum of 2)
- Book reviews (3=1 book; maximum of 3, must be thoughtful review consisting of at least three meaningful sentences.)
- Spark a Reaction (2=1 book; maximum of 2)
- August 10 is the last day to record books.
- Prizes must be picked up by August 13 (Kindle Fire: August 15).
You may authorize a family member or friend to pick up a prize for you.
- Kindle Fire winners will be notified by August 15.
Other Things to Know
- To view the teen summer reading flyer, click here.
- Questions? Requests? Call the library's Reference Desk at 860-652-7720.
- For information on what's happening for teens at the library, click here.
Summer Reading Links